First Aid Homeopathic Remedies for Skin Issues
Homeopathic first aid remedies can help relieves the intensity of the symptoms in the short term. If the symptoms return please consult with a homeopath to address the original cause of the issues.
For first aid prescribing use 12c potency once or twice a day for three days .
Remedies for Hives
- Apis is for burning, stinging hives especially on the face
- Lycopodium is for chronic hives that keep recurring and are wore in late afternoon
- Nat mur is for hives that occur after vigorous exercise
- Rhus Tox is for hives with blisters which burn and itch
- Urtica Urens is for hives on the arms and legs.
- Sulphur is very useful when the skin is very red and irritated. It may be angry with a rash or cracked. The skin may appear dirty looking. The child is hot and irritable.
- Thuja is a useful remedy when the skin is cooler, the skin may appear blotchy and is usually worse after cold bathing.
- Dulcamara when there are red spots and little boils.
Itchy and Dry Skin
- Sulphur is for burning, red, itchy and unhealthy looking skin, worse when bathed.
- Graphites is good for oozy and crusty eczema type reaction
- Petroleum is useful for dry cracked and rough scaly skin
- Arsenicum is good for itchy dry and scaly skin worse at night
- Sulphur is good for stuffy, oily skin and hot scalp
- Calc Carbonica is good for dry scaly scalp with a lot of sweating during the night
- Dulcamara is good when the scalp has brown-yellow moist crusts
- Thuja is used when the scalp is cool and the baby calm
- Dulcamara when the ring worm is in the hair
- Apis is used when the patches are red, swollen and itchy
- Sulphur is good when the skin appears dirty or unhealthy
- Dulcamara when there are scaly moist eruptions on the face, hands and genitals and breasts
- Arsenicum if it is dry rough and scaly, it may give the skin a shrivelled appearance
- Merc viv is good when the rash is moist and have brownish yellow crusts with pimples around the main eruption.
- Rhus tox is useful with large wheals of intense, swollen red patches that are dry hot and burning.