10 things you need to Incorporate into your life to Top up your Energy Tanks
When you are constantly on the go looking after your family, you might be forgetting to top up your own energy tanks. I often say to mums, when are you looking after you? When are you topping up your energy levels?
Here is a list of some of the things I suggest to make sure you are recharging your batteries each night so that you can be the best mom that you can be.
You need at least one 20 minute period a day to yourself when you are awake. If possible make time for 2 20 minute periods … here is what you need to be doing to recharge:
- A bath …. Useful for relaxing the body and the mind
- Doing something that makes you laugh … maybe a programme or a podcast …. Laughing is really healthy and helps recharge your energy levels.
- Exercise …. I know you need energy to exercise but exercising creates energy … so find something you can do for 20 minutes a day … it is important
- Treat yourself when you have achieved lots … rewards work for adults as well as kids … and if it makes you smile then it is a double whammy.
- Drink a glass of water when you first wake up in the morning. It helps continue the breaking down of old cell parts leaving you with more energy for the day.
- Sleep more before midnight ….. sleep before midnight is worth double the sleep after midnight.
- Treat yourself as your own best friend. Take yourself out for a drink if none of your friends are available and tell yourself how you have done the best job you could do today. Give yourself a pat on the back.
- Be kind to yourself. Often we are too hard on ourselves and put to many demands on our time. Take a moment to consider whether you are harder on yourself than you would be on your best friend. If you are … then stop it … give yourself some slack.
- Take up a new hobby, something for you. Every half an hour spent doing something you can focus on fully will help recharge your batteries. It is important to find something that you enjoy and takes your full concentration. If you have a house full of kids you have to think of something you can do in the house when you have less demands on your attention.
- Think of 10 things you are grateful for and 10 things you want to improve within the next 3 years. This helps you enjoy your todays and enjoy the journey to better tomorrows.
If you would like to know more about
A personalised health plan
for you or a family member please click through here and
“I have always know that homeopathy has the potential to do major healing, but everything I had read said that the success of the treatment depends on the skill of the practitioner, and since our funds were very limited, I didn’t feel comfortable risking wasting money I didn’t have. I am kicking myself for not taking this leap years ago, both for my anxiety and especially for my son’s ADHD. Mary is very passionate about helping kids with ADHD and very experienced. I recommend her wholeheartedly. And on top of all that, her services are actually VERY affordable. Over the years we have spent so much more in supplements and special diets, not to mention the stress of all that, you all know it.”